June 3, 2012

Oh, là, là!

I've experimented with laminated dough for the first time this past week. I was so looking forward to freshly baked croissants for Sunday morning. And that's exactly what we had. For a very first try, I found the results quite alright, but there is definitely a lot more practicing to be done, and a lot more to learn to achieve the perfect crumb. Making croissants might turn now into a project for the upcoming weeks (or month?). It should give me something to play with, and I will keep you posted about the journey.

The formula I used was taken from Michel Suas' Advanced Bread and Pastry; there are a number of interesting croissant recipes in his book. I chose the most basic one for the time being.

Hope all of you had a great Sunday!

Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures- make me crave for freshly baked croissants! But to make them myself? I think that's beyond my level of baking expertise. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Frau Shizzle! It is a lot of fun to make them. Give it a shot, it's worth it :)

      Delete
  2. oh lieschen, die croissants sehen herrlich aus. knusprig und wie gemalt! du machst das alles so fein, freu mich immer, wenn es wieder was neues zu bestaunen gibt!

    ReplyDelete