July 19, 2012

The Twelve Steps


We have a little hand-out that we ... hand out every time we do one of our bread baking workshops. It outlines the twelve steps of baking, and over the course of three hours we go over and explain every one of the twelve steps. At the end of it all, everyone should have a better understanding of how it's all done.

I didn't come up with this concept; I have seen the "12 steps" treatment done in quite a few really good baking books, most notably "The Pastry Chef's Companion" by Glenn Rinsky and Laura Halpin Rinsky (the original inspiration for this hand-out), "The Bread Baker's Apprentice" by Peter Reinhart, and "Bread" by Jeffrey Hamelman.

I thought I might add my little list to this blog for all of you out there who might want to look at it. It can be found here. Hope that it all makes sense. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment